Friday, January 24, 2014

Hair & Skin


Happy Friday all!  I have always loved taking care of my hair & skin because they're both very important to me.  I work at a beauty boutique so I have learned so much about hair & skin through the years with different training.  Using the right products is crucial & very important if you want healthy looking hair & skin. 

Skin Care: What I Use

Cetaphil Daily Facial cleanser: The reason why I love this cleanser is it's gentle yet effective & smells amazing!  You can find it at Walgreens or Target (along with other drugstores).  It is a super mild foaming cleanser that removes makeup & surface oils.  It is made for normal/oily skin types.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant: This product is a life savor!  It's a powder that when water is added forms a foaming milky substance.  It does an amazing job at exfoliating & it's safe to use everyday!  I would recommend using it in the morning because you get a serious glow from this one.

Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant:  Another one of my favorites from Dermalogica.  This two in one product works as an exfoliant & a mask.  I use this once a week to restore my skin.  It also gives you a healthy glow.

Dermalogica Ultracalming Mist:  Since my skin is so sensitive I have to be super careful with what I'm using on my skin.  Dermalogica has a full Ultra Calming line that is absolutely amazing, but my favorite is this mist.  After I am done cleansing & exfoliating I spritz this toner on my face & neck for immediate hydration and relief.  A little tip is to store a bottle in your fridge in the summer and when you come home you can spritz it all over, it'll be nice and chilled! Also, if you're skin is feeling tight & dry you can spray over makeup!  It won't ruin it or take it off.  (The bottle comes in a mini size for your bag)

Dermalogica Active Moist:  When it comes to moisturizing I want something basic that'll do it's job.  Active Moist does just that without leaving my skin feeling oily.  Dermalogica also has two other moisturizers that are medium & heavy weight depending on your skin.  If you're in the Des Moines area you can grab Dermalogica products at Beauty First in West Des Moines, & every second Saturday professional skincare is 20% off.

Bobbi Brown Eye Cream: I don't use eye cream as much as I should, but this Bobbi Brown eye cream feels amazing & is super soothing.

Aquaphor:  The best stuff ever created.  If you have dry cracked skin anywhere, use this shit.

Hair Care: Just My Favorites (I use too much)

AG Ultramoist & Xtramoist Shampoo + Conditioner: I'm nuts about AG products because they are on the natural side yet still deliver amazing quality. This shampoo & conditioner are enriched with moisture & protein to leave the hair hydrated, shiny and nourished. 

It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Product: I have super long hair that gets tangly very easily.  If I spray this in right after my shower and leave it on for a couple minutes my hair isn't as tangly.  It also smells nice & delivers 10 benefits to your hair.  Worth it!

Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray:  I spray this into my hair when I want that messy bed-head look.  It gives you undone texture/second day hair. 

Moroccanoil Hydrating Mask: Use masks/deep conditioners no more than twice a week.  People don't realize that if you overdue it you will get reverse results.  Anyway this mask is amazing! I've been using it for years & it never disappoints.  

Wet Brush: Best brush for detangling. The super flexible bristles don't tug on your hair.  I also use this in my dry hair. Life savor!

Moroccanoil: I have also been using moroccanoil on my hair since I can remember.  It honestly is the best hydrating treatment for your hair.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment